Sony Digital Cameras
Sony digital cameras come in many different flavors. Sony is one of the world's largest camera companies. They build everything from small palm sized digital cameras to top of the line Digital Video cameras.
Let’s face it they have a huge share of the consumer marketplace in digital electronics. Now is that a good thing or a bad thing? It depends. Let me ask you a question; do think they make the best TV’s in the world or have you been sold that idea through marketing and commercials? Either way they sell a lot of TV sets around the world so they must be doing something right.
As far as digital cameras, both still and video, Sony does a remarkable job of putting out great product year in and year out. Without sounding like a pitchman for the company I have to say that after 22 years of working with Sony cameras I have never felt let down by their product. The cameras I have used both professionally and personally have always been solid and dependable in getting the job done. That is why I wanted to devote a whole section of this site to the Sony digital camera products. They are a force to be reckoned with and should not be ignored when making a buying decision.
Struggling to get excellent quality dissertations at a acceptable price?Go to our website.
I own a Sony digital video camera that I use for professional jobs, personal video and in many cases I use it as a still camera too. It allows me to take reasonably high quality still images onto the Sony memory stick (which comes in various storage sizes to suit your needs). This gives me the flexibility to take stills when I only have my video camera with me and it gives me the ability to capture stills while doing my video work so that I can use them for graphics, labels, brochures and so on for the video project. I love this feature. It makes the system work so to speak. The memory stick is so easy to plug into my computer and download the images quickly so that I can process them, manipulate them and output them to whatever source I need whether it is a word document, a web page, a brochure, or a nice print on photo paper.
offshore development services for you at cheapest prices
So what kinds of Sony digital cameras are there on the market? Let’s take a look at the various options a consumer has when thinking of buying a Sony digital camera.
Sony digital cameras
Sony Digital Camera - News Today
Updated Twice Daily
Cyber-shot® Digital Camera DSC-V1
If you thought you could only get true-to-life resolution, definitive control and stunning output from an SLR camera, check out the Sony DSC-V1 Cyber-shot® digital camera. The DSC-V1 combines the control you prefer with extraordinary performance and a uniquely-compact design that is 30% smaller than its predecessor!
Designed to deliver a huge array of impressive features, the DSC-V1 includes a Super HAD™ CCD image sensor that delivers massive 5.0 megapixel resolution (effective) and a 4X optical/4X Smart Zoom Carl Zeiss™ Vario-Sonnar® lens that gives you exceptional control. Other features include 5-Area Multi-Point AF (Auto-Focus), NightShot, NightFraming IR Assist, Multi-Pattern, and Program Shift, which lets you conveniently select Aperture/Shutter combinations while in the Program AE mode. It even features a lightning-fast USB 2.0 interface for high-speed transfer.
how do you get free instagram followers
Sells for around $399
• Imaging Device: 1/1.8" 5.0 Megapixel Effective Super HAD™ CCD
• Recording Media: Memory Stick® Media, Memory Stick PRO™ Media
• Zoom: 4X Optical, 4X Smart Zoom (at VGA size), 16X Total
• Filter Diameter: 52mm w/Adaptor
• Focal Length: 7 - 28mm
• 35mm Equivalent: 34 - 136mm
• Aperture: f2.8 - 4.0
• Focus: 5 Area Multi-Point AF with Manual select, 13-step Manual Preset
• Minimum Focus Distance: 15.7" (40 cm)
• Macro Focus Distance: 3.9" (10 cm}
• Shutter Speed: Auto, 1/8 – 1/2000 sec, Manual 30 sec – 1/1000
• Manual Exposure: ±2.0 EV, 1/3 EV Steps
• Color LCD: 1.5" 123K Pixels Low Temperature Polysilicon TFT
• Flash Modes: Auto/Forced On/Forced Off/Slow Synchro
• Red-Eye Reduction: On/Off
• Flash Effective Range: 1.6 – 11.5 ft (0.5 – 3.5m}
• White Balance: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Fluorescent, Incandescent, One-push Manual
• Picture Effects: Solarize, Sepia, Negative Art
• ISO: Auto, 100, 200, 400, 800
• Scene Modes: Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Portrait, Landscape, Beach, Snow
• Self Timer: Yes, 10 Seconds
• Video Output: Yes NTSC/PAL Selectable
• Still Image Modes: JPEG (Fine/Std.), TIFF, Burst, Auto Bracketing, Email, Voice Memo
• MPEG Movie Modes: MPEG VX (640x480, 16fps, with audio); MPEG Video Mail (160x112, 8 fps with audio}
• Clip Motion: Normal (160x120), Mobile (80x72)
• USB Terminal: Yes, Supports USB 2.0
• Memory Stick PRO™ Media Compatibility: Tested to support up to 1GB* media capacity; does not support high speed transfer function; does not support Access Control security function
• Battery Type/Capacity: InfoLithium® NP-FC11 780 mAh Rated
• Supplied Software: Pixela™ Image Mixer Software for Sony v1.5, USB Driver SPVD-008
• OS Compatibility: Microsoft® Windows® 98/98SE/Me/2000 Professional/XP Home/Pro; Macintosh® OS 8.5.1/8.6/9.0/9.1/9.2, and OS X
• Supplied Accessories: NP-FC11 InfoLithium® Rechargeable Battery, AC-LS5 AC Adaptor/In-camera Charger, A/V and USB Cables, Wrist Strap, MSA-32A 32MB Memory Stick® Media; Software CD-ROM
• Dimensions (W/H/D): 3 15/16" x 2 9/16" x 2 1/5" (99 x 65.2 x 56.9 mm)
• Weight: 10.9 oz (298g) (w/Battery, Memory Stick® Media, Strap)
Sony digital video cameras
Sony Digital University